1. Compliance with laws and regulations
The Company will comply with the Japan Act on the Protection of Personal Information ("APPI"), the guidelines of each ministry and agency, and other related laws and regulations, including those of other jurisdictions if applicable, in order to realize the protection of personal information.
2. Method and purpose of collecting personal information
We may collect your personal information through our services and on our website.
The Company will establish a management system for the protection of personal information in accordance with the actual business conditions and will use such information appropriately and carefully within the scope of the following purposes in accordance with internal regulations.
- For the provision and management of our services
- To inform customers of the usage and operation status of our services
- To provide information on our services
- To improve and develop the Company's services
- To respond to the inquiries
- To conduct questionnaires
- To provide customized content to our customers
- To send notices to customers regarding our services and our company
- For use in marketing and campaigns
- To create statistical data on the use of our services, processed in a format that does not allow identification of individuals or specific users
- For joint use with the companies listed in "4. Joint Use of Personal Data" below
- For other matters incidental or related to the above items
In some cases, personal information collected from our services and website may be supplemented with other information obtained and retained by us. The Company will not use personal information collected through the Company's services or the Company's website for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected. When we obtain personal information indirectly from a third party, we will use it within the scope of the above purposes after confirming that the third party has properly obtained the information from the individual concerned.
3. Provision of personal information to third parties
We will not provide the personal information we have received to any third party without prior consent from the customer. However, the following cases are excluded.
- In case it becomes necessary to provide personal information to an outside contractor within the scope of the original purpose of use. When it becomes necessary to provide personal information to a contractor, we will provide personal information with appropriate supervision regarding information management to the contractor.
- When permitted under the APPI and any other applicable laws and regulations including those of other jurisdictions if applicable.
4. Joint use of personal data
The personal data of customers held by the Company may be shared between the Company and the following joint users in accordance with the following.
(1) Joint users
The Company group companies (Credit Engine Group, Inc. and companies to which Credit Engine Group Co., Ltd. applies the consolidated accounting and equity method in accordance with laws and regulations(”joint users”)).
For details of the joint users, please refer to "Group Companies" on the Credit Engine Group website.
NOTE: The joint users may vary.
(2) Purposes of use by joint users
The joint users may use for the following purposes:
- To perform various management tasks necessary for the management of the Company and its joint users, such as credit management, asset conditions, and risks.
- To conduct marketing analysis and product/service development in order to provide better products and services to our customers and achieve greater satisfaction.
- To introduce and propose products and services handled by each company.
(3) Personal data items to be shared
Name, address, date of birth, telephone number, credit-related information, transaction information, image and audio information, and other items within the scope necessary for the "Purposes of Use of Shared Personal Data" described above.
(4) Person responsible for the management of personal data
Postal code 106-0032
15-7, Roppongi 7-chome, Minato-ku, Tokyo
Credit Engine, Inc.
CEO: Seiichiro Uchiyama
5. Log files, cookies, and other technical information
Our services and website may collect information such as your IP address, number of accesses, browser, operating system, and other devices used, by collecting log files and sending cookies (including cookies sent by third-party servers for the purpose of measuring the effectiveness of advertising). This information is collected for the purpose of analyzing trends in the use of the Company's services and website and investigating the causes of problems that may occur and is not used to identify individuals.
Our website uses Google Analytics to analyze how users use the website or to measure the effectiveness of our advertisements. Google may set cookies and obtain existing cookies to collect data. The information of cookies will be automatically sent to Google. Cookies may be blocked or restricted by changing the settings of the user’s browser. However, if cookies for the website are blocked, users may no longer be able to fully use all functions of the website. For instructions on how to block or restrict cookies, please check the support page of the relevant browser.
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the Google Analytics by downloading Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on provided by Google.
6. How to request disclosure, correction, or suspension of the use of personal information
In accordance with the APPI, customers may request the disclosure, correction, or suspension of the use of their own personal information. Requests for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc. of personal information, opinions, questions, complaints, and other inquiries regarding the handling of personal information can be made by contacting the Personal Information Desk. We will respond to your request after confirming your identity. For procedures for disclosure, correction, suspension of use, etc., of personal data held by us, please request the "Request Form for Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, etc., of Personal Information" prescribed by us at the below Personal Information Desk, fill in the required items, and submit it with the proof of identification such as a driver's license, or in the case of a representative, a letter of attorney prescribed by us and proof of authority of representation. A fee of 1,000 yen (consumption tax included) will be charged for each disclosure request, and an additional fee equivalent to the actual cost will be charged if the request is extremely time-consuming.
7. Legal Disclaimer for Disclosure
In accordance with the law, we may disclose your personal information without your consent when requested to do so by the national government, local governments, courts, police, or other authorities authorized by law or ordinance.
8. Supervision of employees and contractors
We regularly conduct in-house training on security and the protection of personal information to raise awareness and educate our employees on the protection of personal information. In addition, the Company may outsource all or part of the handling of personal information in various operations. In this case, the Company will select an entity that is recognized to handle personal information appropriately and will implement necessary and appropriate supervision by stipulating in the contract agreement appropriate safety management measures, confidentiality, conditions for subcontract, and other matters related to the handling of personal information.
9. Security Measures
We take reasonable precautions to protect the personal information we collect, both online and offline. We use firewalls and other technologies to ensure that personal information is handled with the utmost care and is accessible only by those authorized to do so for business purposes.
10. Cases in which the use of personal information differs from the original purpose for which it was collected
11. Handling of personal information on the linked website
Date established: January 18, 2018
Last revised: April 2022
Credit Engine, Inc.
CEO: Seiichiro Uchiyama